......< Site Home.....Blog Home >



September 28, 2026

LET'S TALK ABOUT A MUSICAL GENIUS


Miles Davis is one of those musicians who, to me, transcends the very idea of talent. I have an immense admiration for his work, yet so much of what he did still feels like a complete mystery. I listen to his recordings and find myself wondering how someone could hear, imagine, and bring music to life in such a profoundly unique way. I honestly have no idea how he managed to reach certain notes, phrases, and subtle nuances with such precision and character. There’s a language in his music that I can feel and appreciate deeply, but could never fully explain.

Every instrument has its own challenges and demands years of dedication, technique, and sensitivity. But I’ve always felt that wind instruments present an entirely different level of complexity. There are no frets or keys telling you exactly where the note is and you have to find it, shape it, and control it with your breath, your lips, your embouchure, and an extraordinary sense of touch. And when all of that comes together in the hands of someone like Miles Davis, the result seems almost beyond comprehension. To me, that’s where the magic lies: he wasn’t simply playing an instrument; he was mastering something that seemed to have no limits. A true genius.